After upgrading an IBM Connections 4.0 environment to 4.5 (site-by-site with datamigration using database transfer tool), the Blogs homepage was not working.
Apps > Blogs > Public Blogs displayed only “Page not found”.
The SystemOut.log contained the following exception:
[7/17/13 10:07:09:150 CEST] 00000067 PageServlet E org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.servlets.PageServlet processRender CLFRS0090E: Error during rendering for page 5c985baf-6732-474c-b5ca-d0e4fec0091e
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can’t find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key entryManagement.lastupdate
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor293.invoke(Unknown Source)
In addition, the tab layout at Apps > Blogs > My Updates was out of alignment. Not so critical as the non-working Blogs Homepage, but end users can be fussy sometimes 😉
At first, I remembered an issue I have been working in the past where the blog homepage handle did not equal the value of site.frontpage.weblog.handle.
See this technote: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21626806
Unfortunately, checking the database did not confirm my guess.
After some time, I came across the link Apps > Blogs > Administration > Blogs Homepage Theme
The “Administration” tab is only visible to administrators. So, you might need to add yourself as administrator at first:
At this page, you are able to make modifications to the Blogs Homepage theme templates.
And, there I found the ressource reference “entryManagement.lastupdate” in Weblog.
Weblog defines the main page of your blog, in this case for Blogs homepage.
I compared the content of Weblog theme template with the one included in the installed Blogs application:
Besides a lot of other changes, the ressource key has been changed to “entryManagement.lastupdate_1” and “entryManagement.lastupdate_2” in IBM Connections 4.5.
That’s the reason why “entryManagement.lastupdate” could not be found. That’s a ressource key definition used in IBM Connections 4.0.
I copied the whole content from the theme template file out of the installed Blogs application into the specific template at “Administration > Blogs Homepage Theme”.
Finally, I compared all themes and found again a lot of changes. So, I had to update them by copying the content from the theme file as well.
I had to do these steps for:
So, it looks to me that during upgrade, the blogs homepage theme have not been updated in the database.